Welcome to whenpoisemeetsbeauty.blogspot.com!

Life Hack: How to Achieve a Slimmer Face

By 00:19 , ,

Picture Source: Huffingtonpost
At one point in life, I used to have a really round and bloated face especially during college and university. My face was so bloated that some of my friends actually called me a chipmunk! During that time, I was really subconscious and I always said to myself, "Hey since you are born with this face you might as well live with it" as a way of comfort. But lately I have found a way to have a much slimmer face without costing much money (or maybe none at all!) 

It roughly took me close to a month to actually see major improvements. It might take a longer or shorter time for you. So here are the list of things that I actually did to achieve a slimmer face.

Picture Source: Pinterest, Recipe file

1.Say NO to Sodium
I know it's tempting! During College and University, I was really stressed out especially during the end of each semester. During that period, I will take my chances to drop by the nearest convenient store and grab myself some snacks and chips and eat my till my heart's content while tuning into my favourite drama series. This is a major no no!  Sodium at night, not only is it bad for your health, but it causes your face to bloat especially the next day!

Picture Source: Life Martini, Thena Sivakumar

2. Sleeping with two pillows 
Some of you might have heard of it but I find this method to be equally affective. What I normally do at night, is that I layer two pillows on top of each other and sleep. It might require sometime of getting used to, especially if you're used to sleeping with only one pillow. The reason behind this is because the height of the pillow helps to avoid the water fluid in your body from going up to your face that cause puffiness. Furthermore, for those that has a habit of snoring, sleeping with two pillows helps to decrease the chance of snoring/decrease your volume. This is because it helps to keep your tongue from falling back and blocking your throat.

Picture Source: Beauty High, Kristin Brooker
3. Drink a cup of cold water/ Splashing your face with cold water  
Drink or splashing your face with cold water in the morning helps to reduce puffiness in the morning. The reason behind this is because the cold water helps to constrict your blood vessels thus reduces puffiness. Yay Cold water!

Picture Source: Healthfitnessrevolution
4. Drink Plenty of Water During the Day!
I'm sure you heard it very so often, but water plays a major part in getting a sharper face! Dehydration can enlarge your blood vessels that leads to water retention that causes certain part especially the face to get puffy!

Next Article

You Might Also Like

0 comments