Welcome to whenpoisemeetsbeauty.blogspot.com!

2 Days 1 Night in Malacca

By 17:07 , , , ,

Current Playlist: Roger Rabbit, Sleeping with Sirens
Picture Source: Malaysian History Blog

The beautiful streets of Malacca! Where culture, history and food are all found in one place!

Malacca is a place of heritage, and is also a place that is famously known for their nyonya cuisine. (a combination of Chinese and Siam culture)

We first arrive at Malacca around 10am, and was checked into our cozy accommodation opposite the river near Jonker Street. There were a total of 20 of us in this trip, and having only 2 toilet for 20 people is NOT EASY, the toilet was always occupied! But still, we manage to get by. Well I guess that's the fun of it, right?

(Credits to @rxhun7er)
My friends and I were mainly travelling around the Jonker Street, but due to it being the beginning of the week, we weren't able to visit the night market at Jonker Street. (Night markets are only open during the weekends)

(Picture source: Panoramio, Maxpixel) Jonker Night Market
Malacca is also known as one of the food paradises in Malaysia, from the nyonya laksa to the all time favourite Malacca cendol, it is definitely a place you do not want to miss!

(Photo Credits to @hike.forfood) Nyonya Laksa and Cendol at Jonker 88, 
*a word of caution, it's spicy stuff!
(Credits to @eyang_chong) Malacca Cendol

I remember on the first night of the trip, my friends and I were on our way to the famous Satay Celup at Capitol Satay Celup that is located in Lorong Bukit Cina. But sadly on my way there, due to my clumsiness, I accidentally knocked my pinky toe into the raw bricks along the bridge. My pinky was pretty badly hurt and I started to panic. Thanks to my good friends, they were there to help me access the situation and some of them went to the near by convenient store to get some Chinese herbs and cotton pads for my poor pinky. This was definitely a moment to remember, as I was moaning in pain, I manage to attract some on lookers and they were staring at my wound while shaking their heads. What a beautiful sight! (Sense my sarcasm?)

(Credits to @hike.forfood) Satay Celup in Lorong Bukit Cina
I was blessed that one of my best friend was a St John (first aid) student and she managed to clean my wound and after all the teeth grinding and moaning (due to the herb) I was up and ready and we decided to enjoy our meal at the Capitol Satay Celup.

After dinner, my friends and I decided to drop by Bistro Year 1673. It's was a wonderful time of joy  and laughter as my friends were being called up on stage to sing.


The following day, we decided to drop by a couple other restaurants such as Chung Wah's famous chicken rice ball, the famous Beef Noodle Restoran Sup Lembu Tangkak, and the fancy Crepe Cake Nadeja.

(Credits to @hike.forfood) The Famous Beef Noodle

(Credits to @hike.forfood) Crepe Cake at Nadeja
Despite the horrible humid weather, the unfortunate accident and it no being a weekend, Malacca was pretty enjoyable especially if you were to be spending your time with friends that were just as crazy as you (or worst). It was definitely a trip worth remembering!

(Credits to @eyang_chong)

Next Article

You Might Also Like

0 comments